Join Mr. Jon for storytime! Published by Chicago Public Museum, this picture book shares an important message about social acceptance, race, and inclusion.
- Use the following discussion questions after the video to further the conversation, encourage acceptance, and promote diversity:
- What colors of skin can people have?
- Does the color of someone’s skin make them a good or bad person?
- Look at your skin – what color would you use to describe it? What do you like about the color of your skin?
- Is it more important to focus on the outside or inside of a person?
*This book contains material that may trigger difficult thoughts and feelings. If you or your child would like support in processing unexpected reactions to this book, please call The Women’s Center’s 24-Hour Hotline at 262.542.3828.