Create a Legacy
You can have a lasting impact on The Women’s Center by making a planned gift. Commonly donated through a will or trust, a planned gift can be more than a bequest. Below are some easy ways to leave a legacy of healing for future generations.
- Listing The Women’s Center as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement account (401k, IRA, Roth IRA).
- The easiest of all planned gifts, a one-page beneficiary form is readily available from your retirement account or life insurance plan provider, and there are no legal fees associated with changing beneficiaries.
- Making a bequest to The Women’s Center in a will.
- Another easy method, bequests are a simple sentence in a will or estate plan that leave a percentage or flat amount to The Women’s Center.
- Sample language to share with an estate attorney: “I give ($ __) (__% of my estate) to The Women’s Center, a not-for-profit organization with its principal office in Waukesha, Wisconsin, to be used to support, protect, and aid in healing the victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or abuse.”
- Attorney fees apply.
- Donating a required IRA distribution directly to The Women’s Center through the IRA Charitable Rollover Extension.
- This type of gift has tax benefits for those 70 ½ years old who are required to take a minimum distribution but who do not need the income, allowing them to donate funds without recognizing the transfer as income.
- Talk with your financial representative about this option – it generally does not have associated fees and is a simple process requiring only the Tax ID of The Women’s Center.
- Establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity, Charitable Remainder Trust or Charitable Remainder Unitrust through their financial advisor.
- Each of these vehicles offers an annual income to you while providing a charitable contribution to us.
- Contact your financial advisor for more information.
Please contact Ann Marie Moss at 262.522.3812 to learn more about planned giving or to share that you have included The Women’s Center in your estate plans. Ann Marie can also provide our federal tax ID number and any other information needed to complete a planned gift.
Thank you for supporting our mission to provide safety, shelter and support to adult and child survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, abuse, and trafficking.