Planned Giving

Create a Legacy

You can have a lasting impact on The Women’s Center by making a planned gift. Commonly donated through a will or trust, a planned gift can be more than a bequest.

Below are some easy ways to leave a legacy of healing for future generations.

  • Life Insurance Beneficiary
  • Will Bequests
  • IRA Distribution Donation
  • Charitable Gift Annuity and/or Remainder Trust/Unitrust

Please contact Angela at 262.522.3809 to learn more about planned giving or to share that you have included The Women’s Center in your estate plans. We can also provide our federal tax ID number and any other information needed to complete a planned gift. Thank you for supporting our mission to provide safety, shelter and support to adult and child survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, abuse, and trafficking.

Planned Giving Options

Life Insurance Beneficiary

Listing The Women’s Center as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement account (401k, IRA, Roth IRA).

The easiest of all planned gifts, a one-page beneficiary form is readily available from your retirement account or life insurance plan provider, and there are no legal fees associated with changing beneficiaries.

Will Bequests

A bequest is a great way to create a legacy in your name or in a family name or establish a memorial to honor a significant person in your life. 

It is another easy method. Bequests are simple sentences in a will or estate plan that leave a percentage or flat amount to The Women’s Center. Please note attorney fees apply.

Sample language to share with an estate attorney: “I give ($ __) (__% of my estate) to The Women’s Center, a not-for-profit organization with its principal office in Waukesha, Wisconsin, to be used to support, protect, and aid in healing the victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or abuse.”

Please call 262.542.3828 for more information.

IRA Distribution Donation

Donating a required IRA distribution directly to The Women’s Center through the IRA Charitable Rollover Extension.

This type of gift has tax benefits for those 70 ½ years old who are required to take a minimum distribution but who do not need the income, allowing them to donate funds without recognizing the transfer as income.

Talk with your financial representative about this option – it generally does not have associated fees and is a simple process requiring only the Tax ID of The Women’s Center.

Charitable Gift Annuity and/or Remainder Trust/Unitrust

Establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity, Charitable Remainder Trust or Charitable Remainder Unitrust through their financial advisor.

Each of these vehicles offers an annual income to you while providing a charitable contribution to us. Contact your financial advisor for more information.