A helpful way to support our mission is by providing new, unopened items frequently used by our clients and in our operations. A list of our current needs is below, which is updated weekly to reflect things that are the highest priority.
After the harrowing experiences our clients endure, our goal is to restore dignity, confidence, and self-respect, and to live this to the best of our ability, we supply clients with NEW items only.
If you are looking for places to donate used clothing, furniture, toys, or housewares, we suggest:
- Goodwill – closest location is 1400 Nike Drive, Waukesha
- Hope Center – located at 502 N. East Ave, Waukesha and must call 262.549.8726 prior to dropping off clothing donations
- Lake Country Caring – located at 603 Progress Drive, Hartland and must call 262.367.6670 prior to dropping off furniture
In turn, these agencies allow our clients to shop for their needs free of charge.
We are also mindful of the cost in time and money to sort through and dispose of used items and food that is past its expiration date, and we therefore request that no expired food or used items of any kind be delivered to The Women’s Center.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are operating at a limited capacity and request that donations be left on the carts outside the doors of our main entrance. NO used items will be allowed in the building.
If you have questions about in-kind donations, please email us.
Shop for all of our Wish List items easily using our Amazon Wish List!
Please note: To view this Wish List, you must be logged into your Amazon account through a web-browser. Amazon does not provide donor information when they ship your wish list purchases, so to be acknowledged for your gift, please mark the “This is a gift” checkbox in your cart before you checkout. When you get to the gift options section, include your name and address in the “Gift Message” text box
The following items are currently most needed – only NEW items will be accepted.
Personal Care and Other Items:
- Sports bras, preferably black (2X-4X)
- 4T-5T pull ups
- Bottles of water (individually packaged, 8 oz mini-bottles preferred)
- Travel mugs and water bottles
- Twin sheet sets
- Clorox or Kirkland disinfecting wipes
- Swiffer Sweepers
- Colorful Apple chargers and cords
- Tracfone minutes
- Latex-free disposable gloves
- Masks (N-95 and surgical preferred, handmade and other also appreciated)
- Alcohol wipes
- Paper towels
- Ladies underwear (L-2XL)
- Gifts cards for teens: movies, WalMart, Google Play, Amazon, Spotify, Starbucks
- Gift cards: Fuel-only gas cards, Walgreens, Meijer, Walmart, Target, Kohl’s, Elders, Waukesha County bus tickets, Milwaukee County bus cards, Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, Playstation
Non-perishable Food Items:
- Mac and cheese
- Coffee creamer
- Pasta sauce
- Alfredo sauce
- Granola bars
- Mashed potatoes
- Rice: brown and white
- Hamburger helper