The Development & Communications Department of The Women’s Center is looking for a dedicated volunteer to contribute their time and expertise to help share our mission within the community.
This position offers experience working with high level volunteers, navigating a database, and coordinating events. This position will provide the successful candidate with an in-depth understanding of nonprofit fundraising and communications.
In conjunction with the department staff, the volunteer will:
- Update the organization’s website with events, volunteer opportunities, and program information.
- Help coordinate logistics and prepare for events.
- Complete some documentation of department processes and database functions.
- Research grant opportunities.
- Assist with data entry within the Raiser’s Edge Database and produce acknowledgment letters.
- Support the implementation of new donor engagement strategies.
- Assist with other projects within the agency as needed.
We are looking for someone who is organized, flexible, comfortable working with community volunteers, and has strong writing and computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required; knowledge of InDesign and WordPress preferred. The position is 10 hours a week, to be completed at The Women’s Center administrative offices between 8:30am and 5:00pm, with a requested commitment of at least six months.
This position is perfect for a student, emerging professional, professional in transition, recent retiree, or somebody looking to gain experience in the non-profit sector.
Upon acceptance of this position, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
Interested candidates should contact Rebekah at RebekahM@twcwaukesha.org.