Para ver la actualización de COVID-19 en español, haga clic aquí.
The safety and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers continues to be our priority. We have resumed most of our in-person programming, adhering to the CDC’s recommendations, with modifications to accommodate distancing guidelines and minimize exposure between visitors, staff and clients. We will update our Workplace Recovery Plan as needed and on a monthly basis going forward. This is Phase Two of our Workplace Recovery Plan.
Our 24-Hour Hotline is always available at 262.542.3828, and The Women’s Center continues to respond to survivors and the community through our emergency shelter, rape crisis response, advocacy in-person and over the phone, and virtual programming, as well as our 24-Hour Hotline.
During Phase Two, the following will occur:
- Crisis walk-in clients are welcome in-person
- Current clients can schedule either in-person or over the phone advocacy sessions. Appointment times are staggered to limit interpersonal interactions. Limited childcare during appointments will be available.
- In-person support groups and other group activities onsite continue to be suspended during this phase.
- Masks are required for all appointments unless a medical accommodation is needed.
- Personal protection equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, and sanitizer, will be available for staff, clients, and visitors, and common areas will be cleaned with sanitizer frequently.
- Emergency shelter capacity will be carefully monitored and maintained at a reasonable capacity to ensure proper safety measures can be practiced.
- Onsite volunteer opportunities continue to be suspended. We have several new virtual volunteer opportunities – learn more here.
- Virtual resources will continue to be created and shared, including new episodes of our podcast and new videos.
The additional precautionary measures implemented earlier continue to be observed:
- Staff are required to take their temperature before arriving to the building, as well as wear gloves and masks while they are working on-site.
- Office spaces will be reconfigured as needed to allow for appropriate distancing between staff and clients.
- Alternative living areas have been furnished and supplied for shelter clients that exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.
- Staff schedules are staggered to minimize exposure and allow for continued programming.
- Any events or external meetings scheduled at The Women’s Center will not be held in person until further notice.
- We are only accepting in-kind donations of NEW and unopened items, which should be placed on the carts outside the main entrance. Please check out our Donation Wish List for our highest priority items.
Please call our 24-Hour Hotline at 262.542.3828 if you have any questions or wish to be connected to services.
Thank you for the support you have provided, now and always.