Join us to build safer communities!
The Advancing Advocates Council (AAC) is comprised of the next generation of leaders committed to supporting survivors of domestic and sexual abuse and sending the message that violence should never be expected or tolerated.
The AAC shares the work of The Women’s Center and furthers their mission to provide safety, shelter, and support to empower all impacted by domestic abuse, sexual violence, child abuse, and trafficking. The AAC serves, educates, and advocates on behalf of the agency to their peers throughout Southeastern Wisconsin.
Benefits of Membership:
- Develop skills outside your industry; such as event planning, leadership, fundraising and community outreach, and gain valuable insight as preparation for participation on non-profit boards in the future
- Use your professional skill set to help further the work and create awareness of the agency’s programs and services
- Connect with The Women’s Center staff, board members, program advocates and experts to learn more about the vital work being done to support the community
- Network and demonstrate leadership within the community
- Access to The Women’s Center’s premier events, primarily through volunteer opportunities
- Attend 12 months of regular monthly meetings (held the third Thursday of each month at 5:30 at The Women’s Center in Waukesha)
- Participate in and actively promote all AAC events and activities
- Share the mission of The Women’s Center as ambassadors
- Recruit volunteers and AAC participants
- Meaningful personal financial support via donation, ticket purchases, etc.
Advancing Advocates Council
Jamie Van Wagoner