The Women’s Center holds racial justice as a fundamental value and believes that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, fairness, and integrity. Read our full Anti-Racist Statement.
COVID-19: Workplace Recovery Plan
Para ver la actualización de COVID-19 en español, haga clic aquí.
The safety and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers continues to be our priority. We will resume some of our in-person programming on June 15, adhering to the CDC’s recommendations, with modifications to accommodate distancing guidelines and minimize exposure between visitors, staff and clients. This is Phase One of our Workplace Recovery Plan, June 1 – July 31.
Our 24-Hour Hotline is always available at 262.542.3828, and until we are fully back in person, The Women’s Center continues to respond to survivors and the community through our emergency shelter, rape crisis response, tele-advocacy, and virtual programming, as well as our 24-Hour Hotline.
During Phase One, the following will occur:
- Office spaces are being reconfigured as needed to allow for appropriate distancing between staff and clients.
- Beginning June 15, some in-person counseling and advocacy sessions will resume on site, staggering appointment times to limit interpersonal interactions. Limited childcare during appointments will be available. There will not be any in-person support groups or other group activities on site during this phase.
- Personal protection equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, and sanitizer, will be available for staff, clients, and visitors, and common areas will be cleaned with sanitizer frequently.
- Emergency shelter capacity will be carefully monitored and maintained at a reasonable capacity to ensure proper safety measures can be practiced.
- Individual volunteer opportunities continue to be suspended, with the exception of some lawn care and gardening volunteers helping outside this summer.
- Crisis walk-in clients will be welcomed, using our large Group Room for the intake process to maintain distance.
- Virtual resources will continue to be created and shared, including new episodes of our podcast and new videos.
The additional precautionary measures implemented earlier continue to be observed:
- Staff are required to take their temperature before arriving to the building, as well as wear gloves and masks while they are working on-site.
- Alternative living areas have been furnished and supplied for shelter clients that exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.
- Staff schedules are staggered to minimize exposure and allow for continued programming while smaller groups self-isolate if symptoms arise.
- Any events or external meetings scheduled at The Women’s Center will not be held in person until further notice.
- We are only accepting in-kind donations of NEW and unopened items, which should be placed on the carts outside the main entrance. Please check out our Donation Wish List for our highest priority items.
Please call our 24-Hour Hotline at 262.542.3828 if you have any questions or wish to be connected to services.
Thank you for the support you have provided, now and always. You are our strongest supporters – our extended family – and your partnership means so much to us and our clients.