Join us in our mission!
Our volunteer program provides a unique opportunity for individuals to make a lasting and meaningful impact in the lives of survivors and their children. When you volunteer, you will become part of a movement that works to end domestic abuse and sexual assault.
We welcome volunteers with diverse backgrounds and a passion for social change! All on-going volunteers must be 18 years old.
Volunteer opportunities include the following.
Advocacy Roles: Volunteers engage in direct service supporting our clients. Advocate Training* is required.
- Hotline/Shelter Support: Answer the 24-Hour Hotline and provide support and information to callers. Attend to the needs of clients residing in shelter and assist shelter staff with various duties.
- On-Call Advocates: Provide after-hours advocacy and emergency transportation for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Gentle Men: Serve as a positive, gentle male role model to children who have experienced violence in their homes.
- Childcare: Provide on-site childcare for clients using The Women’s Center’s services.
- Receptionist: Manage activities at the front desk, including answering phones and assisting clients and visitors.
Support Roles: Volunteers support The Women’s Center by assisting with ongoing and special projects. A brief volunteer orientation is required.
- Building and grounds maintenance: Assist with upkeep and repair of our facilities and garden.
- Donation sorting: Organizing and storing nonperishable food and in-kind donations.
- Development: Assist with the fundraising initiatives of the Development Department. Includes the opportunity to help plan annual special events.
*Advocate Training: We invite all volunteers to join us for Advocate Training, a four part series providing education on the realities of domestic and sexual violence which is offered at no cost to participants. Our upcoming dates will be posted soon.
For more information or questions please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 262-522-3845 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The Women’s Center does not allow court mandated community service. Reference and background checks are completed for all volunteers
Fill out our Volunteer Application Form below. If you would prefer to download a form, click here.