When you volunteer, you will become part of a movement that works to end domestic abuse, sexual assault, child abuse and trafficking.
We welcome volunteers with diverse backgrounds and a passion for social change! All on-going volunteers must be 18 years old.
Advocacy Roles: Volunteers engage in direct service supporting our clients. Advocate Training* is required.
- Hotline/Shelter Support: Answer the 24-Hour Hotline and provide support and information to callers. Attend to the needs of clients residing in shelter and assist shelter staff with various duties.
- On-Call Advocates: Provide after-hours advocacy and emergency transportation for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Gentle Men: Serve as a positive, gentle male role model to children who have experienced violence in their homes.
- Childcare: Provide on-site childcare for clients using The Women’s Center’s services.
- Front Desk: Manage activities at the front desk, including answering phones and assisting clients and visitors.
Support Roles: Volunteers support The Women’s Center by assisting with ongoing and special projects. A brief volunteer orientation is required.
- Building and grounds maintenance: Assist with upkeep and repair of our facilities and garden.
- Donation sorting: Organizing and storing nonperishable food and in-kind donations.
- Fundraising: Assist with the fundraising initiatives of the Development Department. Includes the opportunity to help plan annual special events.
*Advocate Training: We invite all volunteers to join us for Advocate Training, a four-part series providing education on the realities of domestic and sexual violence. There is no cost to attend and light refreshments will be provided.
Sessions for 2018 Advocate Training will be held on:
- Friday, April 20 from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, April 21 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday, April 27 from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, April 28 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday, July 20 from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, July 21 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday, July 27 from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, July 28 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday, September 21 from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, September 22 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday, September 28 from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, September 29 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
For more information, contact our Volunteer Coordinator by email or at 262-522-3845.
Please note: The Women’s Center does not allow court mandated community service. Reference and background checks (both criminal and caregiver) are completed for all volunteers.
Fill out our Volunteer Application Form here.