From: Sunday, October 1st, 2017
To: Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
To: Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
Break the Silence. Break the Cycle. #EndDomesticViolenceNow.
Here’s how to get involved:
Throughout the Month:
- Call us at 262-522-3805 for materials like purple ribbons, bracelets, window clings, brochures, and more to show you stand with survivors! This is a great and easy way to get your friends, school, or company involved.
- Enjoy some great wine and Italian cuisine at Tenuta’s Restaurant in Bay View and a percentage of sales will be donated to The Women’s Center.
- Head to Fox Bros Piggly Wiggly in Hartland or Oconomowoc and show your support at the checkout counter by adding a donation to your bill.
- Light the Way to #EndDomesticViolenceNow and display a purple light bulb in the front window of your home or business. You can purchase purple light bulbs at Tomchek Ace Hardware and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Women’s Center. Keep an eye out for purple lights at various local landmarks throughout the month!
- Paint It Purple to #EndDomesticViolenceNow at Soul Fire Art Studio. Create DIY pottery or jewelry and mention The Women’s Center at the register to have 20% of your purchase price donated to us.
Calendar of Special Events:
- Friday October 6: Gather your “best buds” for an evening of howling good fun at Waukesha Floral & Greenhouse’s 9th Annual Howl at the Moon Ladies’ Night. Keep an eye out for our very own Angela Mancuso as a guest celebrity!
- Saturday October 7 and Wednesday October 11: Find us at the Milwaukee Film Festival! We are proud to be a sponsor of the film “The Divine Order” with screenings on Saturday October 7 at the Downer Theatre and Wednesday October 11 at the Avalon Theatre.
- Sunday October 15: Join us for Soul Fire Sunday at Soul Fire Art Studio. We’ll be there between 1-3pm to Paint It Purple to #EndDomesticViolenceNow.
- Sunday October 15 through Saturday October 21: Rochester Deli and Periwinkle’s Bakery will be offering a beautiful, iced purple flower shortbread cookie, with 30% of proceeds donated to The Women’s Center.
- Monday October 16 through Sunday October 22: Listen for our special public service announcements on B93.3 and keep an eye out for our billboards along I-94!
- Thursday October 19: Wear purple and post a photo to Facebook or Twitter as part of the nationwide #PurpleThursday campaign. Make sure to tag @TheWomensCenterInc on Facebook or @TWCWaukesha on Twitter!
- Thursday October 19: Take your coffee break at Mama D’s Coffee in Waukesha or Wales. A percentage of sales from their Mama D’s Cares Day will be donated to The Women’s Center.
- Thursday October 19: Head to Burlap & Lace Marketplace for their “Go Purple” Sale. Various vendors will be donating a portion of sale proceeds to The Women’s Center.
- Thursday October 19: Stop by Carroll University for lunch and decorate a sugar cookie with purple frosting.
- Saturday October 21: Visit Tomchek Ace Hardware for their annual Garage Sale! A percentage of ALL sales will be donated to The Women’s Center, as well as all proceeds from their brat lunch station.
- Thursday October 26: Support The Women’s Center at Girls’ Night Out – Waukesha County at Water2Wine , where proceeds from the raffle will be donated to us.