To: Sunday, December 31st, 2017
2017 marks our 40th Anniversary of providing safety, shelter, and support to the community. This milestone year has featured several notable events and outreach initiatives, including:
- January 25: Celebrating with our Founding Mothers and longtime friends at our 40th Birthday Party
- April 26: Our sold-out 40th Anniversary Luncheon, featuring Elizabeth Smart
- May 15: Founder’s Day, the date the doors of our first location opened in 1977
- August 17: Fun with our Advancing Advocates Council at Futures Free From Violence: Trivia in the Park
- October: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- November 11: A Noteworthy Evening
Want to help us celebrate?
- Order our special edition 40th Anniversary t-shirts.
- Host a drive for food, cell phones, toys, beauty products, or cleaning products
- Volunteer at our front desk, to help with childcare, or to maintain one of our gardens
- Share the word with your friends and network by liking our Facebook page or following us on Twitter
- Celebrate your own 40th birthday or 40th anniversary with us by requesting donations to The Women’s Center in lieu of gifts
- Start your own fundraiser – contact a local restaurant, host a party at your home, or ask your faith community to hold a special offering to benefit The Women’s Center
Or simply give now to invest in the critical work we do in our community.
No matter how you get involved, thank you for your support!